Saturday, January 7, 2012

Just Gettin' Crafty

Oh hi there.
As promised we're doing a Just the Same January- More DIY December stuff coming your way...

So I really, really liked [ok truth be told, kind of loved/acted compulsive about it] DIY December. It was a great chance for me to get my craft on and create some killer Christmas presents this year.







This is cute. Don't lie. Just one of what felt like dozens of
Christmas cards.This particular card went to my spanish
Prof, in hopes of raising my grade. It accompanied some 
homemade cookies. [whoami!?]


This kind of ugly. Whatever. 
This is the back, and its cute. 

                               
This was cute when it wasn't surrounded by crafty mess. 
This was for KB, obvi. 

As usual, the photo quality is not the best. But I made 
this notebook Sophomore year of college and it was a 
trusty companion for the past two years. It's a little ratty
now, but i am really proud of it.  The quote at the top reads:
"If you have a dream, you should chase it with a passion."
oh hell yes. 

This was a set of six notecards for my aunt. They were beautiful, hand
sewn and took forever; but yeah, they were worth it. 
I'm so bummed I didn't take more pictures while 
I was churnin' out these fabulous frames. They're 
adorable and, in my opinion, great gifts! I made some
fabric covered ones [much like you've seen on pinterest]
for some friends and then make these versions with a 
homemade flower for others. The flowers are made from
tee shirts. I'm a craft goddess. 
Homemade pepper mint sugar scrub. Looks like I got on the pinterest
at just the right time. This was easy to make, felt fabulous on my freckled skin,
and was all in all a good choice. 
This is my most recent crafting venture. Crocheting- I 
will conquer you. Just wait. Also, enjoy the super chipped
nails. I totally look like ke$ha after a two day binge or 
something. Got off work at the Y and just needed to unwind 
I guess.


It's a labor of love, ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment