Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year

Well, of course, Anna Gesch got her new years post up before mine... but its whatever.

This year has been really great and really hard. I spent the first four months of it in Quito, Ecuador; which was a great decision for my spanish but was so hard on my heart (you learn to love people and a place and it all becomes a part of you. And then you leave...) Coming back to the states sucked less, i spent one of the best summers of my life living in Chicago with some of my best friends. Its been a slice, really.

Top Five Moments of 2011:
1. My semester in Ecuador
2. Learning how to live on my own. (like for real. Paying bills, grocery shopping, cooking, using public transit- don't lie to yourself about the dorms giving you those experiences. They just didn't son.)
3. Learning how to let people in- even if you're ok "on your own." (apparently it's totally normal to talk to your friends about your feelings. Who knew?)
4. Its a tie between Julianne's wedding weekend and our trip to Toronto (same amazing cast of characters. Quality hijinks ensued with both.)
5. Finally quitting the absolute worst job I've ever had (and finding a really decent new one!)

Hopeful Highlights for 2012 (or a thinly veiled list of "resolutions")
1. I told my self Icould smoke through undergrad. The time has come the walrus said...
2. I'll need to pay off my credit card before things get out of hand.
3. Theres this boy- he takes me out, then he lectures me about credit cards. Next year, I really hope he'll be my boyfriend :)
4. I'm gonna look hot. All the time, 24/7 classy-fabulous ( I'm seriously a deranged kardashian wannabe)
5. Oh yeah, graduate from college and find some kind of job to support myself!


This is how LB and her friends kicked it up for
2012. Pink Champagne ($2.99 at jewel.) #classy.

3 comments:

  1. oooo girl this one was a good one! i obviously want to harass you about hopeful highlight #3, but i'm working on lessening my harassment problems in 2012.

    working on my list of goals/resolutions/whatevs today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and I LOVE andre! Haha got it for my 21st and never looked back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. apparently i just saw these comments now. thanks for reading anna, and drinking Andre. : )

    ReplyDelete