Monday, December 31, 2012

I resolve to not be mean in two thousand thirteen.

Seriously, what rhymes with thirteen?
mean
spleen
Codine
keen
seen
dean
clean
magazine

clearly, my new years rhyme is much better than the aforementioned garbage; but anyway...

I love lists (not a secret) I love things that are organized, and I really love memories. I think I've created the best way to create an organized list of memories from each year!

Firstly, please don't tell me that you say this on pinterest first, because I'm sure that's true, but I didn't. I had to wait until my own gray matter could come up with this one until it was implemented.

I give you my .... (as yet untitled way to keep track of memories)





In this vase I write myself little notes from what happened each day, pretty much like a tweet but less pressure to be witty and more factual. Its like a no pressure journal.
Sometimes I write down really mundane things, other days I write down really amazing things- I mean that's life, right?
 Here's my 12 favorite from 2012 



  • Made an $800 payment on my credit card
  • Lost my voice. #sucked 
  • Sasha came over for dinner
  • my favorite grandmotherly student from work said, "you so pretty, girl."
  • Saw my next door neighbor washing the dishes in her underwear
  • Work conference, fantastic conversation with coworkers about faith
  • I'm so damn lucky to have my life.
  • Walked from Centro Romero to HACC and back!
  • Saw a man smoking weed on Wellington, toddler in tow. 
  • A stranger on the bus asked me what I was reading, Harry Potter #1, oddly satisfying
  • Looked at Sierra and Matt's wedding pictures. I suppose I don't completely hate myself. 
  • Changed my own windshield wipers
  • Walked home from a work meeting with Annie, ran into Kendra. I love when Chicago feels like a small town.
Ok, that was 13. Deal with it. 

Is it weird that I just laid this puppies down
on whatever happened to be close by?
That's an ESL grammar textbook, FYI.

No comments:

Post a Comment