Sunday, February 26, 2012

Febulous Finds & Fun.

Everyone that reads this blog knows me, I think, or at least I hope.
...and if you know me, you must know that I'm a girl that loves fun.

Not-frisbee-in-the-park fun, rockclimbing-excursions-until-you-bleed fun, nor Magic: The Gathering fun; not even, drink-beer-watch-sports fun.
I like my fun served straight up.

I want to laugh until I cry with my best friends and make some mems.
I also want to find great outfits for real cheeep.
oh yeah, and I like Fun. too.
[click that link and hear snippets of their new album. Sasha & I have been lovin' it. Baby boy Lostotter says it's "unimpressive." #hipsters #snob]

So we'll start from the beginning, because this weekend was full of freaking Febulous Fun.

The "vacation buddies"
Friday I hung out with my childhood best buds. We are second generation girlfriends- because our moms go way back. Basically, I've known some of them since the womb. [which is just weird to say]. We sat around and ate pizza (with the moms!) and laughed, until beer came out of my nose, about all the hijinks we got away with that they are just learning about now. I love sitting at a table surrounded by old school pals that knew me when...
I had braces
I had the Kate Gosselin haircut
I thought I would marry Lance Bass
I screamed "JACKPOT!" at a bag of potato chips
I was judgmental
I was scared to swim in the lake "all the way to the booies"

from granny to "all gravy baby"
Saturday was chock full of Febulous Friend Time [FFT!] thrifting with the lizard [what's better than friends that share your name!?] She just returned stateside from three weeks in New Zealand. To welcome her back we visited my all time favorite Salvation Army store [87th & Harlem]. She helped me hem a dress, and respected the nun-esque shoes I purchased.

Let's talk about this dress. Seriously looks like something someone's Great Aunt Mildred would wear. But the pattern is so great. Basically, a little snip snip, scarf and sweater later... I was lookin' Febulous. It was also a sweet deal- $2.50 [only half a lincoln!?].

I left the lizard to help Kim & Adam celebrate their wedding at Blokes & Birds in Lincoln Park and saw some of my other best gal pals-- the high school ones.

...then I landed in Rogers Park for a night of raucous laughter with the one and only Kathleen  Leahy and her lovah boy [& my friend in real life], Bill.

I woke up, sped from the northside, dictating texts to Bill, to have brunch with Tinley Park's #1 stunnah- Tom Brice. [that guy knows how to have fun, breakfast is never before 10am.]

To round out this FFT... The [former/future] roomies + me + Kelsey + Jeanette watched the 84th annaul Academy Awards. [srsly. Billy Crystal? GET THE HOOK!]


...Oh, you wanted details? pues, Baby Girl's tired.
 I'll spare ya. We laughed, we drank, we ate. [push repeat]. There was minimal dancing, good-natured needling, and just a lil craftin' : )

[i don't say this enough] I love my life. [I'm so blessed]


Don't say you don't love it. 

4 comments:

  1. I gotta check out that salvation army!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do, but since we wear the same uni, it doesn't really seem to count.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, I really love your blog. It's way too easy to hear you saying everything you write. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna- I will take you to the S.Army it's truly a cultural experience. Maybe we'll invite Melissa (although we'd end up fighting over uni worthy dresses.) and thanks Ashley, you're so sweet!

    ReplyDelete