Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Breakfast guacamole on yo head.

So i'm really not sure why i do this to myself.

I decided to forgo the apple sauce bath, for an avocado hair mask. Basically because it's more natural blah blah blah.

So did i lil googlin' [totally verb, get over it.] and found a bunch of different recipes that I didn't have all the ingredients for. So i just mixed up some of what I did have. [somewhere in my DNA is a chromosome that reads completely incapable of making a decent decision/ straight up dumb.] Basically the LB avo hair mask consisted of one VERY ripe avocado, a small mushy banana, and some honey. Again I say, STUPID.

It was pretty yucky going on. You can thank my roomate Jacqui for playing photag here. She got some really quality shots chronicling my foray deeper into all natural hair care.

The process was simple enough, slather it onto your hair and let it soak for a while in a warm towel. That sounds really easy until you've put a soaking wet towel on your head. I feel like I was doing curls with my neck for an hour. According to Sasha, getting the towel completely damp and ringing it out was also a work out, but I'll leave that to her in the comments section if she's compelled to share.

To the right you can observe the slathering process. Please try to imagine the smell of honey, avocado and bannanas while i was doing this. My hair still smells like some kind of breakfast guacamole.

So there was that...



.... then I sat in a wet towel for an hour...





And now you'll want to know how it turned it out.

Dismal. Greasy. I look like a junkie coming off a two week bender. Reminiscent of Severus Snape [but not quite that bad.] It was fine last night before I went ot bed, but I woke up this morning to some incredibly greasy, nasty hair. And the breakfast guacamole smell is here to stay, it seems. On the positive side, my hair does seem a lot softer and less brittle, so hopefully that will stay and the grease will dissipate with a few Baking Soda treatments.

I'll leave you with this gem...

I kind of wish i was joking about the back. i have to be in public today.
shit. 
please be nice to me. 

1 comment:

  1. hahahahaha oh my gosh your face in the first set of pictures. I can hear you, LB, i can HEAR YOU!

    ReplyDelete