Thursday, December 1, 2011

DAY ONE

ok ok. So i've been doing the honey face wash thing for two days [cheater] and today was my first day going no 'poo. Seriously guys, this is going to be rough...

my hair feels nastaaayyy. Today would have been a normal shampoo day for me, meaning I washed my hair on Tuesday. Basically, I'm rocking three days sans traditional poo. The roommates say it doesn't look nasty, but i can feel it my bones that the slime is on its way. i've been asking my friends for pinky swears and signed pacts that they will continue in our friendship even after the greasiest of grease emerges. [hopefully i won't have to enact those.]

the honey face wash is great. My whole body smells like apple cider vinegar but I really can't complain. I think the volcanic eruptions are starting to clear up.

I'm also on the lookout for non gypsy ways to wear a scarf in my hair. I'm cool with a little gypsy but nothing that will require large, gold hoop earrings. I need a way to cover my hair without wearing a turban a la Professor Quirrel from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

Additionally, every idea i find online about scarf hair do's is terrible. Either it's totally gypsy-tastic or it's a nasty handkerchief tied up 2nd grade style. yuck.



that's it. I plan to play all weekend so I'll update with some photos Monday.

2 comments:

  1. tip from someone who occasionally wears scarves in her hair (and I don't consider myself a gypsy, i could be wrong here): If you have a SHORT(er) scarf it works a lot better. Basically, what I do is put my hair up in a messy way (since I wouldn't know how to do a neat ponytail if my life depended on it), pin back my bangs, and put a small scarf on it sort of headbandish, but the scarf is wider so it covers more of your greasy head, and if its shorter you no longer have some weird tail hanging down your back. If you don't have a shorter one, I'd invest in one at like a goodwill or salvo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i find your use of the word poo distracting because i keep laughing. but i need to try this facewash you speak of!

    ReplyDelete