Monday, December 5, 2011

Day Five and having your mom do things for you.

Hey. So that's my real face. I didn't touch it up, I don't have an ounce of makeup on. Its weird that it's on the internet now. BUT-- it's to show how AMAZING that honey face wash business really is. I'll put together some comparisons for tomorrow. But OH WOW. it feels as smooth and wonderful as it looks [there's my self esteem.]

As for the hair. that's a story for tomorrow. It doesn't look too bad in that picture, but it's getting rough over here.
...and by rough, i mean hella greasy.








On to DIY December, the Momma installment. My mom is a real nut, but i love her. She's also a pretty nutty DIY-er who puts my abilities to shame. She's not quite on the natural beauty bus just yet, but cutesy-crafty-heartfelt-crap, that's her bag. 

To the right there, that's the Christmas tree at her house. I'd guess that she made or personalized about 40% of the ornaments on it [the rest are Barbie and Wizard of Oz... I'm not kidding.]

True Life: My mom is so awesome. There's this great ornament that is actually a miniature book chronicling my first Christmas. She filled it out completely [props for having the exact same handwriting 21 years later.] and pasted [like by hand] pictures of the whole event. That's dedication. I should have snapped a picture of my favorite entry from the wee little book, it read:
"Baby's First Christmas Gifts-
1. clothes
2. Puffalump animal
3. Bonds

..."

Maybe its only me, but bonds would not have made my top three gifts ANY Christmas [granted I was nine months old, and didn't know the difference...] It probably is only me. My mom didn't even crack a smile when I read the list. Bonds were apparently a super "appropriate" & "normal" gift in December of '90. People also were still wearing shoulder pads at the time, so its whatever. 

Obviously the Christmas tree is awesome, and the baby book ornament is awesome... but, there's more!


My mom also patched my favorite jeans. She performed a Christmas miracle by making the miracle jeans wearable again. PTL.

For real. These were my all time favorite jeans until... the friction generated by obviously super thin thighs causes a major hole right up by the crotch of these super hot jeans. Rendering them, not so hot. 

but look- totally fixed. Now I'll just need to keep my legs together while sitting [not a problem] and far apart while walking [that could be tricky].

I'm so excited.

1 comment:

  1. how does she patch them? I have at least three pairs of jeans in the back corner of our 'closet' with the same problem...

    ReplyDelete