Sunday, December 11, 2011

DIY yourself a Merry little Christmas

First things first. The hair update. As you know, the knot situation is out control. I feel like my head could be used as a model for a class on sailing knots. Suffice it to say, it feels like a big dread lock most of the time. Don't fret. I've got pictures. Really, really embarrassing ones.





These are the real deal folks. Top left: day 5, top right: day 7,
bottom left: day 9, bottom right day 11
(just woke up. with hair like that.)





These are the knots. Left, i look naked, but i'm not.
That thing on my shoulder is my hair, ONE BIG DREAD LOCK/
home for wayward guinea pigs and hamsters.
Right top: after brushing it out, greasaayyyy.
bottom right: i am discussed with the brushed out knots, grease
factor and crappy lighting in my room.





So it's getting a little weird. I know it hasn't been the full two weeks yet, I just don't see any marked improvements outside of my hair's thickness. It's coarse and yucky and sometimes embarrassingly greasy. I'll stick it out, only 20 more days [who says no to quality entertainment and free over produced hair grease?- not this girl, that's who.] 

I think i might try giving my hair an apple sauce bath, for moisture. Apparently that's a real thing.  I'll link up what I decide on, not to worry. 







Even though my hair is sick nastaaay gross, it's still Christmas [who knew]. Hasn't really felt like Christmas with the no snow and the helluvalotta finals work, but I've experienced some holiday standby's that always put a little navidad in my vida. 

exhibit a.
Homemade snowflakes. You tried really hard to make them in elementary school and they always looked stupid. Then Sasha taught you the hexagon fold... that's my life story. We put on some Sufijan Christmas tunes [theological disagreements aside] and make it snow on dis room [regrettably we couldn't locate rain or whoes. Hence, snowflakes.]

Exhibit B:

These be Christmas cookies. I created these gems right after the snow flaking and I was raring to go and have some Christmas time fun. The social work Christmas party served up minimal fun, but lots of GFS sugar cookies and real life tubs of icing [read: spoonable sugar + nuclear waste]. I may have gotten a little white girl wasted on sugary products that evening and acted real stupid. [that's a real thing for me. the regular pop, 3 cookies & all that holiday cheer just set me over the edge. I was that weird kid at your third grade class Christmas party that had to be sent home early, from "over stimulation."] So that got a little strange, but whatever. i love Christmas, Christmas cookies and Christmas carols... am I to blame that some of those things don't love me?


2 comments:

  1. loving all these updates about christmas/hair greasiness/making it snow on dem hoes!

    okay that post you put up with your newly honeywashed face skin looks amazing. i tend to have shit-tay skin so i might need to have a quick tutorial from you on 1)frequency of use and 2)recipe secrets. i checked out the link on crunchy betty (cool site!) and was confused as to which recipe/method you were using exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl. Thank you for getting the "making it snow" reference, it was lost on Sasha. Anyway. I just rinse my face with water, and apply a quarter sized amount of honey directly onto my face. I rinse that off with a wash cloth then apply the apple cider vinegar (ACV). Put a teeny tiny bit of ACV on your already damp wash cloth and apply to face like toner. That's it!

    ReplyDelete