Thursday, December 29, 2011

Done with DIY Decmeber.

Oh hi. This is my blog, obvi. I just have been doing everything but blogging this break. I'm back to work at the Lakeview YMCA and the commute has been taking a toll on me. I'm a baby. I'm over it. 

So the hair. Well, it's not as much of a hot mess it was in the initial stages, but the weird knottiness hasn't gone away. Also, I really don't think it's thicker at all. In short, I don't look like a movie star. Whatever. 

I also dyed my hair Christmas Eve (#ballsy) and it it didn't turn out so well. A few shades too dark and with some super weird streaks in one side. I think only two people honestly like it, everyone else in my life is just too kind to tell me I look like Wednesday Addams.  The dying experience made my hair hella soft and I realize just how much i  missed the "normal" hair feeling. The dye business also helped me to avoid my worst-case scenario of wearing a hat to Christmas, that was a definate relief. 


The big question is am i going to keep doing it? You know, i'm not sure. Probably not. I think I'll just shampoo a less frequently and not freak out about it. It's whatever. Additionally, I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow [the 30th] and I'll know there will be shampoo aplenty. So my first shampoo in a month will be with  a complete stranger, and my head in a sink. Awesome.

The DIY face business was the best decision I've ever made. I would recommend to anyone to wash their face with honey and use Apple Cider Vinegar as a toner. Cheap, awesome and all around fabulous. Do it!


I know you want pictures, but I don't have any super nice ones of the new hair. I have a nasty picture I forgot to post here and I have a picture from Christmas of my friend Nick and I that you can harshly judge. Enjoy.

This was after the breakfast guacamole on my
head fiasco. I had my hair up, after removing the
hair tie, this remained. cute!

Nick obviously loves my hair. I look goofy here but you can tell
that my hair is a darker. This is also in a bar, judge on boys and
girls.



What's on tap for January you ask? No Jumpin' Jammin' or Jugglin' January. I think it will be Just like Before, January. I have a few DIY things I didn't get to post from this month. So i'll do a little of that, and a little more of whatever I feel like.

No comments:

Post a Comment