Monday, December 19, 2011

DIY Family Edition

What up blogosphere? Life was hella busy in da heights with all the finals craziness. But I'm home now. Rolled in to the 18559 club on Friday and the fun just hasn't stopped since...

but before my arrival at my Dad's there was some definite sadness. My roommates (and our plus one!) had to say good bye for the first time- Jacqui's going to Chicago Semester, Sash & I heading to the villagio and it's the beginning of the end of my time waking up with my best friends every day. 

That brings us to DIY family. I have this weird habit of not being able to have causal friendships. For real. I have best friends, that's it. Friends are the family you choose yourself, and I've loaded the ranks with a bunch of lovable weirdos. [disclaimer: I love my bio family more than anything. But sometimes a girls gotta diversify her circles. that's when these people happened...] Allow me to introduce just one contingent of my DIY family, my roommates.

The 210, plus one. 



from left to right: me, calob, sasha, & jacqui

Calob: He's our baby bro. This kid is a total gem. It all started out of his bromance with Jacqui's fiance, Jon... and how glad I am that it did. He's the best and tons of fun, we can laugh, we can cry, and he comes to caf dinner "just for the conversation". We get sick and take of each other, classic friend stuff. We talk about feelings, which gets kind of weird but we always end up laughing. He's also super smart, his latest theory is that lesbians don't get stressed. Ha!

Sasha: This girl. She's the kindest, warmest most geniune person you'll ever get to meet. She dreams big and is still my friend when I try to bring her back to reality. We can laugh until we cry, but she also supports my habit of "surprise crying." She is an excellent listener and an even more talented artist. She's the only person I know who loves Harry Potter as much as me or can match my affinity for vinegar-y snacks [shout out to pickles and mustard with our soft pretzels at the mall.]


Jacqui: PTL we like each other because we spend A LOT of time together. Sometimes we match, but it's ok because, "who we are is just so similar." She's a great roommate and real fun, even if she rarely rescues me from Sasha's weird, snugly embrace. She reads weird morman blogs a ton and single handedly got to me to join Twitter and Pinterest all in the course of a semester. She once called me a "cheating brat", I may never forgive her. She's leaving for Chicago semester [not that far] and then is getting married to Jon [lucky bastard/going far way] & i hate it.

So that's just one branch of my DIY family tree. 




In other news, my hair is fine. Lots of pictures to come!!!
I seriously haven't put any shampoo on my hair in 20 days. I love it. I think it freaks my dad out that I have a big bottle of honey and Apple Cider Vinegar under the sink, but the soft skin is worth it.

DIY away kids.

1 comment:

  1. get it girl - the hair! yes!

    and i am a fan of your suite in alumni. i will have to move my visiting sesh habits to the village. exciting.

    ReplyDelete