Sunday, November 13, 2011

On the long finger

Alright No Shame November, sorry about my resbit yesterday. It was a busy and long day, with a hilariously complicated timeline [miniature vans were trapped like the cheese in my drunk kitchen]. No time for that now, take me out for coffee... i'll tell ya all about it.

So i'm ashamed at my completely horrible time management skills. Things that sensible and decent people would devote a few hours to maybe earn a 30 minute time slot in my faux busy day.

real life example #1 Friday, my first class is at 11am [i wish college was real life.] I got up hella early [9:00am] to do my Spanish homework, then the roommates came home and we NEEDED to watch you tube videos for 30 minutes. [One never needs to watch youtube videos, especially for the better part of a half hour.] After our time of mindless giggles, it was 10:47 [11:00 class, people!?] and I was still snuggled up in my bathrobe [class act.] Obviously i'm not going to get it together in time, so we decide to go out for breakfast. I mean, worse decisions have been made. [moral of the story: had I not procrastinated the night before and neglected to do my Spanish homework;, I would have been ready for class by the time my roommates came home. Or, if I had an ounce of self control I would have walked away after youtube video #1 and put some freaking pants on.]

real life example #2 This afternoon my great uncle Don died. He was a great man with a heart of gold. But, after many surgeries and broken bones, he had been in a lot of pain for the last few years of his life... it's certainly better that he's left all that here and embraced heaven. Uncle Don was in the hospital all this week, and I pretty much promised to go visit him everyday [didn't even go once.] Needless to say, i feel like a shit head. [that's a technical term]. I can't prioritize things and get my crap done even to say goodbye to a man that I love and have known all my life. [moral of the story: my family is crazy, but they're mine and they keep - loving me through all the weird crap i do. Case in point, this ametuear hour- esque blog. They need to be a priority for me. Also, no one lives forever [duh.]

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury. I am guilty, guilty, guilty. and I'm ashamed.

I'm ashamed that I waste time doing completely pointless garbage [obsessively reading  this book right now about Morman Polygamist Cults.]

I'm ashamed that I work myself into a tizzy [old lady phrases?] about getting things done, only to not do them.

 I'm ashamed that my selfish inability to buckle down and do homework cost me an opportunity to say goodbye to a loved one.



I'll probably take tomorrow off again.






No Shame November is the brainchild of the fabulous Kathleen Leahy [find her here].

No comments:

Post a Comment