Wednesday, November 23, 2011

my life on repeat.

1 part friend inspiration 
+ 1/2 part No Shame November
 + making play lists for my Thanksgiving road trip
= my life on repeat


Inspired by my friend, Anna Gesch over at Life.Annamated. [is that weird that I just did that, bloggy reference thing?] i'm about to share some of what i've been listening to lately.Her playlists weren't supposed to be shameful, but they certainly were [ I won't be including any of that You Make My Dreams Come True by Hall & Oats bullshit] Mine are a bit shameful. [It's pretty embarasing when you're roomates ask what youre listening to, and you give them the same answer all semester.]

Also a touch embarrassed that I could produce most of the lyric snippets from memory. I'm all about the music i love because of the words. all about it.

So basically, I really like Josh Garrels and twangy folksy music. This list is fall-tastic, just push play.


Fall 2011


Mumford & Sons- Roll Away Your Stone
     " It seems that all my bridges have been burned
      But you say, "That's exactly how this grace thing works"
     It's not the long walk home that will change this heart
     But the welcome I receive with every start"
Bright Eyes- Cleanse Song
     "Hear the chimes, did you know that the wind when it blows
      It is older than Rome and all of this sorrow"

The Avett Brotthers- Spanish Pipedream
    "Blow up your T.V., throw away your paper
     Move to the country, build you a home
     Plant a little garden, eat a lot of peaches
    Try to find Jesus on your own"
Good Old War- Coney Island
     "Well I go crawling back to the city I love
      Because its already taken everything"

Josh Garrels- Zion & Babylon
            "Say, my name ain’t yours and yours is not mine
                Mine is the Lord, and yours is my child, that’s how it’s always been.
                  Time to make a change, leave your home.
                 Give to the poor all that you own. Lose your life, so that you could find it”

Josh Garrels- Beyond the Blue
            Sometimes the only way to return is to go, 
                Where the winds will take you
                And to let go, of all, you cannot hold onto

                For the hope, beyond,the blue

Josh Garrels- Ulysses
           
So tie me to the mast of this old ship and point me home
                Before I lose the one I love, before my chance is gone
                I want to hold, her in, my arms

Josh Garrels- Bread and Wine
            so give it just a little time.
                share some bread and drink some wine.
                weave your heart your into mine.”


Josh Garrels- Farther Along
           
“There’s so much more to life than we’ve been told
           
That the Son of God is forever blessed
                His is the kingdom, we're the guests.”

Amos Lee- Night Train
          ““I’ve been working on a night train,
                drinking coffee, taking cocaine.”

Van Morrison- Into the Mystic
          “and when that fog horn blows know that I’ll be coming home.
                and when that fog horn blows I want to hear it.
                and don’t have to fear it.
                yeah, I want to rock your gypsy soul.”

(even though it’s trashy, this will probably be the first dance at my wedding.)

Paperwork- Your Old Coat
          “this is all that I have left.
                your old coat and your old desk.”

The Avett Brothers- The Weight of Lies
          “When you run make sure you run to something, and not away from 
                because lies don’t need an aeroplane to chase you anywhere.”

Old Crow Medicine Show- Wagon Wheel
          “so rock me mama like a wagon wheel,
                Rock me mama anyway you feel.
                heeeey mama rock me.”



In other news, its almost Thanksgiving [which I'm celebrating with some of my best friends- IN CANADA.] Gobble back ya'll.

1 comment:

  1. haha i appreciate the little linky thing! and while some hall and oates (rich girl anyone? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQxRy30qs0g) would make this playlist even better, i appreciate you for expanding my musical lexicon.

    muchas gracias.

    ReplyDelete